Cineplex rebrands Bridgewater theatre
Bridgewater's LaHave Street cinema is closed for a few days this week as new ownership rebrands the theatre.
The Empire Theatres' Studio 7 complex, which first opened in 2004 on the east side of town, is among cinemas in Atlantic Canada temporary shutting down and then re-opening as Cineplex Cinemas.
Bridgewater's theatre closes after the last show on the evening of October 22 and is slated to open October 25.
The changes were announced on Empire Theatres' web site.
The Pictou County-based Empire Company, intent on getting out of theatre affairs to focus on its food retail business, announced in June that Cineplex Entertainment planned to shell out $200 million to buy about two dozen Empire Theatres cinemas in Atlantic Canada.
Ontario-based Cineplex Entertainment announced this month that it's able to move forward with the theatre acquisitions after the Competition Bureau approved the deal.
Also in newsNow:
- Vets participate in Leaf Walk
- Tavern stabbing nets 5 1/2 year sentence
- Scouts participate in Jamboree on the Air
- Officials postone naval exercise in Chester
- MODL legal expenses $3,000 on code of conduct issues - Fawson
- Feds award grant to child care centre
- Lottery winner gets big cheque
- Riverport hosts female firefighting networking day
- Municipality of Lunenburg names new chief administrator
- Now Lunenburg County event highlights local initiatives