Cineplex rebrands Bridgewater theatre
Bridgewater's LaHave Street cinema is closed for a few days this week as new ownership rebrands the theatre.
The Empire Theatres' Studio 7 complex, which first opened in 2004 on the east side of town, is among cinemas in Atlantic Canada temporary shutting down and then re-opening as Cineplex Cinemas.
Bridgewater's theatre closes after the last show on the evening of October 22 and is slated to open October 25.
The changes were announced on Empire Theatres' web site.
The Pictou County-based Empire Company, intent on getting out of theatre affairs to focus on its food retail business, announced in June that Cineplex Entertainment planned to shell out $200 million to buy about two dozen Empire Theatres cinemas in Atlantic Canada.
Ontario-based Cineplex Entertainment announced this month that it's able to move forward with the theatre acquisitions after the Competition Bureau approved the deal.
Also in newsNow:
- Vehicle crash damages graveyard
- Fundraising pro seeks Liberal candidacy
- Volunteer program underway at regional hospital
- Woman seriously hurt in crash near New Germany
- Lunenburg parking woes
- Sex assault convict in chained-teen case dies
- Lord Nelson arrival time moved up
- Reduced hours at Fishermen's
- Fire razes Hemford building, contents
- Lord Nelson to arrive August 17